Rubbing alcohol in a small spray bottle is a wonderful kitchen companion. It cleans, disinfects and evaporates rapidly.
- Counter tops, especially where tiles and grout are present, love it and so do stove tops and microwaves where spills (scrape with a thin “credit” type card) and grease need to be removed.
- Rubbing alcohol is also a mighty fine stainless steel sink cleaner and leaves uniformity without smudges.
- Spraying rubbing alcohol is also extremely successful in bathrooms. It gets rid of soap scum unlike, in my view, the store brands. Spray the rubbing alcohol over the shower tiles and with minimum effort watch the soap scum disappear and the tiles dry on the fly.
It cleans chrome fixtures nicely but has trouble with hard water spots.
- A dab of rubbing alcohol can be helpful in removing sap from the car as well as a dab of paint thinner could. Thorough rinsing of water is highly recommended and in my experience it has been totally fine.
- Rubbing alcohol is a great ally in combating sticky odorous hands and surfaces and it is also a wonderful neutralizer of mosquito bites.
- Last but not least you can spray and disable flying nuisance creatures such as flies, mosquitoes, gnats and moths prior to the coup de grace.